Trail Explorer Delux
Travel New Zealand in your mobile ‘home away from home’! The ultimate family motorhome is here and is large and spacious enough to sleep up to 6 people! The Trail Explorer Motorhome boasts all the comforts of home yet is easy to drive and handles great on New Zealand's touring routes so you can enjoy the ultimate superior road trip. Enjoy luxurious features such as DVD player, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen, plus full shower and toilet facilities. Every drawer and cupboard reveals a surprise - fridge, stove, wardrobe, crockery, cutlery, linen, towels and much more! With on-board shower and toilet, the Trail Explorer is certified as ‘self-contained’, which allows travellers to freedom camp in New Zealand’s beautiful National Parks.
1 Jun -
16 Jul -
1 Nov -
16 Dec -
11 Jan -
- Internal Height: 2.0m
- External Height: 3.1m
- Width: 2.2m
- Length: 6.8m
- Make/Model: Ford Transit
- Pax Capacity: 6 Adults
- Fuel: Diesel only
- Fuel Consumption (approx): 14 litre per 100km. This does depend on how the vehicle is driven
- Engine Specifications: 2.4L Intercooled Turbo Diesel
- Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
- Power Equipment: Power steering
- Air-Conditioned: Driver cabin and living area (240 V)
- Seating Configuration: Two in the front driving cab and 4 in the living area.
- Entertainment: AM/FM Radio & CD Player
- Cigarette Lighter: 12V, which is suitable to charge up video camera batteries.
- Seatbelts: 6
- Radio & CD Player: Yes
- AA 24 hour roadside Assistance: Yes
- Sleeping Configuration: Extra large 2.1m x 1.5m, 1.9m x 1.3m and 2.1m x 1.8m.
- Extras: Fly screen security door, voltmeter, tank monitors, 240 V battery charger, DVD and safe.
- Gas Stove: 4 burner gas hobb, grill, rangehood
- Microwave: Yes
- Gas Bottle: 2 x 4.5kg
- Fresh Water Tank: 150 Litres
- Waste Water Tank: 150 Litres.
- Heating: A/C (240 V) and gas heater.
- Fridge/Freezer: 130 Litre
- Shower/Toilet: Shower with fold-away basin plus cassette flush toilet
- Power Supply: 240 V, 2 x 12V house batteries and solar power
- Storage: Ample cupboard space plus additional luggage storage at Tui Campers Branches.
- Fly Screens: Fly screen security door.
- Flooring: Easy to care for linoleum.
- Exterior Access: Front and side doors
- Equipment Provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, frypan, grater, chopping board, colander, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, kettle, teapot, coffee plunger, bucket, brush and shovel, teatowels, heater, electric jug, cloths pegs and line, maps and camping ground guide book.
- Linen & Bedding Provided (per person): Bed Sheets, 1x Pillow, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Bath Towel, 1x Duvet or Sleeping Bag, 1x Blanket
- Hot & Cold Water Supply: Yes
- Internal Walk-through Access: Yes
- Fire Extinguisher: Yes
- PLEASE NOTE that, due to popular demand, Tui Campers now offers pick up and/or drop off in Wellington, Picton, Greymouth, Dunedin and Queenstown.
However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$650 applies per pick up and/or drop off.
- REMOTE LOCATION HIRES Please note the following changes to our providing this service:
- No pick ups or drop offs at remote locations from 20 December to 10 January (inclusive).
- From 11 January to 19th December (inclusive) a 14 day minimum hire period applies.
- Insurance is included in the rates.
- Unlimited kilometres and GST (15%).
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles, there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your standard excess/deductible is $4,000 NZD ($5,000 NZD for drivers aged under 25 years).
- Bond waiver is $30.00 NZD per day (standard) or $37.00 NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your bank account.
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the minimum insurance.
- We do not charge one way fees.
- We do not charge for extra drivers.
- Free starter pack, regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Rates are available only to customers booking directly through Tui Rentals.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals of more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Consecutive campervan rentals from New Zealand Tui Campers and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.